Unfortunately, unlike some other email systems, Google's gmail does not directly support html.
The workaround to insert the Daily Inspirational Quote widget into your gmail signature is...
1. Click on the "gear" icon in the upper right, and then click settings, and scroll down to Signature.
2. Click the Insert Image button that looks like a mountain.
3. Enter http://www.inspirational-wisdom-quotes.com/diq/ as the Image URL, and click OK. You should now see the widget.
4. Click the widget to select it, and click the Link button that looks like a chain.
5. Enter http://www.quotes-daily.com/ as the Web Address, and click OK.
6. Scroll down and click Save Changes.
Put my Daily Positive Affirmation widget on your own blog, website, email signature, or anywhere else that accepts html.
Put my Daily Motivational Quote widget on your own blog, website, email signature, or anywhere else that accepts html.